Sunday 6 October 2013

Our engagement party

What a life tick, I've found my best friend who can double as a husband as well! Ben and I have been together nearly 4 years and got engaged in Central Park NY in June this year. It sounds cliche I know but it totally wasn't! We'd been walking around New York all day sight seeing and cramming in as much as that amazing place had to offer and of course we had to take a wander through Central Park. 



It was hot, I was thirsty and probably whinging like a 4 year old that I wanted a lemonade and all the while Ben was plucking up the courage to ask me to be his wife. After aimlessly walking around with no real direction, Ben pulled me aside and made me start to climb up on this rock formation so I was face to face with him. He grabbed a hold of me and pulled out the little blue box from his pocket which held my dream ring (ok that part is a little cliche but it's true!) he told me how much he loved me and asked me to be his wife. I think I started crying and shaking and put the ring on and he had to double check that I'd said yes!!! So amongst all the excitement I asked a random lady to take a photo for us and it's about as cheesy as I'll ever get! 




So we decided to make the trek back to our hotel to get some wifi and tell our families (even though I think half of Bens already knew!). I called my dad then my mum and sister who were all ecstatic for me, even at 6:30am!

I couldn't believe how exhausting sharing such amazing news is! Facebook and Instagram gave us a hand though too 😉.  

We decided to have our engagement party when the weather was a bit warmer and when we could give family and close friends plenty of notice for travel etc.

Having the party at home was great, we got together some hire furniture, paid a visit to our friend Dan Murphy's and got a great supplies of BBQ goods from our local butcher. I can't express enough how lucky Ben and I are to have such special people in our lives and a big thank you again to everyone who could make it, especially Bens beautiful grandparents who flew down from Townsville!




NOW the cake!!! I've been wanting to do a purple rosette cake so that's what I did! I also made 30 cupcakes which obviously wasn't enough, I have never seen cupcakes go so quickly! 



And to anyone wondering, yes I am crazy enough to make my own wedding cake/cupcakes too!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment