Friday 26 July 2013

Ahhhhhh Friday. Go away Rebecca Black

Well, it's now the end of another glorious week in sunny Brisbane and I am over my lovely viral infection. Last night I got a little creative as I keep seeing rainbow cakes online and knew I wanted to try my hand at them. I made sure I decorated them nicely incase the inside turned a weird browny greeny colour...ew.



 The funnest part of this experiment was bringing them to work (aka my crew of taste testers) and seeing them cut open and it was like the scene in Snow White where all the little animals appeared and butterflies and birdies oh my! 


Now as you can see I haven't used traditional rainbow colours as I am pretty partial to turquoise and purple. The yellow you can see actually started on the top part of the cake, ah the magic of my 1970s oven never ceases to amaze/annoy me. I was also too slow to get action shots of my taste testers as I am pretty sure they were swallowed like a newly hatched bird eating its first meal. I did however find some totally awesome cupcakes boxes while losing my shit in Robins Kitchen at Carindale, 2 for $5 exsqueeze me! I did the obvious and sensible thing and loaded up my crossed arms with as many as I could, but I'll be going back. 

This weekend for me entails a trip home to visit the family and friends in frosty Toowoomba. I'll also be trying my hand at some gluten free cupcakes for one of my good friends who is Coeliac so I'll post the results on Monday! TTFN!  

No comments:

Post a Comment