Saturday 14 September 2013

Big boy pants = Activated!

PHEW! I think this is the first time this week I have actually sat down for more than 5 minutes, ok I may or may not have been spoilt by my mum with a massage and nail bar session on Thursday but that was like two days ago! 

It has been a busy few weeks for me with orders and I have certainly challenged myself to try new things. Most of you may not know but I haven't had any formal training in cake decorating or been to any courses, everything I have learnt has been visually either online or in books I have collected over the past year or so. Also I find now a lot of people tag me in photos either on Facebook or Instagram for inspiration which is great!

SO to get to the exciting part, here are some orders I have done in the past few weeks, some are for specific occasions which I will go into and some are 'just because' orders - I've got a few returning customers for those ones!

These babies were made from fresh strawberries as I was lucky enough to get an unlimited supply for a few weeks from Ben's relatives on the Sunny Coast, mmmm Strawberries.



And who can resist giving a neice half a dozen cupcakes, the other half went to Dad on Father's Day of course (pink seemed appropriate for the occasion!)


My next order was for one of my oldest friends and also now one of my bridesmaids! We had a get together at my place for her birthday so I made some regular and gluten free cupcakes and I went with the bright colours to welcome in the warmer weather, because Winter was so cold PFT.



Also last week I was lucky enough to make some cupcakes for my old pal Sean and his new fiancé Nikki for their engagement party in the Valley, I was surprised they all made it to the party knowing how excited Sean was to get his hands on them




Thursday just gone I sent a few orders back to Toowoomba with mum who almost has her certificate three in helping me with orders! But seriously, she is awesome. Another old friend of mine from my Softball days, Jodie ordered some cakes for a baby shower and they made their way up the dusty, slow old track to Toowoomba!




AND last but certainly not least, my most recent order for the lovely Chelsea and her sister Courtney, who asked me to make their 21st cupcake tower. I love clients who trust me enough to give a few basic ideas/colours and let me run with it, I even surprised myself on this one! I made a vanilla top tier cutting cake covered in buttercream and then added some modelling chocolate stars and '21' on top. The cupcakes were also vanilla with buttercream and as you'll see the theme was pink, white and silver. The silver cupcakes have what's called a lustre dust, which is basically an edible spray paint! Also some little edible stars to top them off






I have probably rambled on in every post I have written so far (like 8 haha) BUT I am seriously so grateful and humbled that people ask ME to make a cake/cupcakes for their special occasion. I am nothing fancy, just a girl covered in tattoos who enjoys baking waaaaaay too much. I think you may also be pleasantly surprised with my pricing as I know how expensive cakes can be! For any orders, quotes or questions please email me on karleeskupcakes@gmail.com I am also on Instagram @Karleeskupcakes and have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KarleesKupcakes 



No comments:

Post a Comment