Thursday 29 August 2013

Hi, yes I am still alive and baking!

What a day...week...month...year. It's almost September which means SPRING! I am already enjoying these warmer days and even more so now that our resident plovers have moved on. Do you ever get the feeling of not knowing what day it is, or noticing your underwear are on inside out!? Yeah, me neither...... I got a mini promotion a few weeks ago while my boss was away getting married and I don't think I have ever been so exhausted in my entire life! ( all of the mothers reading this have permission to mumble under their breaths that I'm in for a surprise one day). 

For any of you that don't know, yes I do still work a full time job at BOQ in their fraud department. It's one of the best and most challenging jobs I have had so far. 

So when do I bake? Good question, usually once I'm home, showered and fed i'll whip out the tools around 6:30 or 7 o'clock and then on the weekends! I am lucky enough to finish a bit earlier on Thursdays so I shouldn't complain too much I guess. I am bloody tired though! Ok enough of me whinging, lets talk cake! 

So since my last post I've had a bit of fun trialling different flavors finally! These chocolate and caramel fudge cupcakes were deeeeeeelish. The best part is I only used the dipping sauce you buy in the fruit section of the supermarket. I put a spoonful inside the batter and then drizzled it on top for decoration. Hello calories! 


I also got to make some monkey and crocodile cupcakes for Franklin, my almost second cousin, like he cares! 


Frankie has to be one of the smartest 4 years I know and I know alot of 4 year olds. He can list out all the planets in order AND he knows to leave out Pluto. He can also tell you about his favorite dinosaurs.


I purchased the monkey toppers they are Wilton brand (only my favorite!) and the crocodile toppers were hand made by yours truly, what a mission! But I was happy with my first attempt, the rest of the kids seemed to enjoy them too! 


I also managed to whip up some cupcakes for our good friends Dom, Jeanette, their daughter Harper and newest edition Hendrix! Safe to say these didn't last very long! 


I managed to squeeze in another baby shower batch of cupcakes for another lady at work and I have to say I am in love with this design!!!


Last but certainly not least, I made two dozen gluten free cupcakes for my other almost cousin (Ben has A LOT of cousins) Steph as it was her birthday, yay! These GF babies also got the tick of approval from other GF homies which made me feel even better! Ps I loved the theme on these too! 

 
Well boys and girls that's enough from me. September is going to be a busy month and i'll be sure not to leave it so long between posts!!! 

TTFN! 







1 comment:

  1. Love it. Worked out how to post on your blog not just Facebook.

    ReplyDelete