Thursday 8 August 2013

Holy Santa Claus....I did it!

Soooooo I should get some sort of certificate or medal for my ability to convince myself I probably can't do something and then finding out I actually CAN if I use a little self belief and that thing called effort. I received an email for a CAKE order and immediately told myself I probably couldn't do it. My client Elle had a little something to do with my decision making and me actually attempting to decorate something bigger than an apple, or cupcake.

There was also a little underlying apprehension due to the fact that Elle and her brother Jake were runners up on My Kitchen Rules 2013, yeah I KNOW. Throughout the whole process (4 days yikes) Elle was so friendly and so understanding that I hadn't attempted anything like this before but still encouraged me to do the best job I could so that's what I bloody well did!

I started with two round cakes about 7 x 3 inches stacked on top of each other then 'dirty iced' with buttercream to hold it all together!


I then proceeded to start my layers of rosettes around the cake with great caution and a few curse words in between.  Once I got started I said to myself 'Hey, this a not so bada!' and yes I do tend to talk to myself A LOT when I bake. So four colours later and a lot of butter this was the end result


Yes, I actually did make this and I am still trying to convince myself also. Everything went as smoothly as I could have hoped and not ONE rosette fell off YAY!




The best part of all was that Elle loved it! I get so wrapped up in each order that I forget how good it feels when I see the smile on my clients face. Admittedly, I was terrified. This girl has been on National TV and was a runner up on a cooking show for pete sake! So Happy Birthday Elle and I actually cannot wait to do another one of these bad boys! 



Shoot me an email if you are interested! karleeskupcakes@gmail.com :)


1 comment:

  1. Hello thats a lovely rosette cake. Do you share your buttercream icing recipe please looks very soft but stable. Thank you

    ReplyDelete